We care for our community
Country Doctor Community Health Centers has a rich history of providing high quality, caring, culturally appropriate primary health care to our neighbors, regardless of their ability to pay.
We understand that choosing a primary care provider is one of the most important health decisions you can make. Here at Country Doctor Community Health Centers we incorporate the “patient centered medical home model” The medical home puts you the patient at the center of your healthcare. Your primary care provider works with you and a support team to help you achieve your best health outcomes. We want you to feel confident that, with Country Doctor Community Health Centers, you are in good hands. Our highly trained providers are dedicated to providing you with expert care in a warm, supportive and welcoming environment.
Five key reasons to choose CDCHC
- In our community, for our community Both Country Doctor Community Clinic and Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center were founded by community activists seeking solutions for their own communities. We continue their mission, helping to care for our neighbors and keeping our community strong.
- We're governed by those we serve. Our board of directors includes patients who receive care at our clinics, so we are deeply aware and mindful of our patients’ needs with every decision we make. More than half of our board members are also our patients.
- We put patients before profit.We are a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the needs of patients, regardless of their ability to pay. For those without insurance, we offer a sliding fee discount as well as insurance eligibility specialists who can help patients find coverage.
- We're fully accredited.Our primary care clinics are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. This accreditation means that CDCHC participates in ongoing self evaluation, peer review and education to continuously improve its care and services, as well as a thorough, on-site survey by AAAHC at least every three years.
- We offer quality care. All of our clinics provide a full range of family services with a caring, skilled and knowledgeable staff who will make every effort to make sure you get the care you need right here in your own community.